Copa Airlines is the national airline of Panama and a proud member of the Star Alliance family, the world's largest airline network. Copa offers international service to some 30 destinations across North America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and throughout South America.
All arrangements for pet travel must be made through Copa Airlines Mascotas program, which can be done through Copa's Cargo offices. They currently list only dogs and cats as candidates for travel.
Maximum dimensions (rigid carrier)
Maximum dimensions (soft-sided carrier)
- Length: 17 in (43cm)
- Width: 13 in (33 cm)
- Height: 7.5 in (19 cm)
- Length: 18 in (46 cm)
- Width: 11 in (28 cm)
- Height: 11 in (28 cm)
There are 6 sizes of carrier listed.
Smallest size (100 series)
21 x 16 x 15 in (53 x 40 x 38 cm)
Largest size (700 series)
48 x 32 x 35 in (121 x 81 x 89 cm)
20 lbs (9 kg) max
Weight will depend on the size and the weight of the pet and the carrier.
|CHARGES / FEES
$ 75 USD
Fees will depend on the size and weight of the carrier and pet, as well as the destination.
- Travelers are reminded that every country has different rules and regulations governing the acceptance and transportation of animals. It is strongly recommended that you contact the consulate, embassy, or government authority for any country (or countries) you will be visiting to ensure that you have met all entrance requirements.
- All pet travel arrangements must be made through Copa Cargo's Mascotas program.
- Copa Cargo currently lists only cats and dogs as candidates for travel; for in-cabin transport they will accept dogs, cats, and rabbits.
- Live animals are only sent Monday to Thursday to ensure that they don't pass quarantine on the weekend.
- At the time of booking, Copa asks that you provide the following: Weight of the pet and the carrier, carrier dimensions (length/width/height) to calculate volume weight and fees, pet breed and age, as well as date of departure and final destination.
- Certain breeds of dogs (commonly considered "fighting dogs") are not accepted on any Copa Airlines flights. For a list of breeds, please contact a service agent or see the Copa Airlines website.
- Anyone travelling with a brachycephalic (or "snub-nosed") breed of dog must sign a waiver stating that they understand the risks of transporting these breeds and releasing the airline of all responsibility should anything occur during flight.
If you are unable to travel with your pet
Copa Airlines Cargo can help. Their Mascotas program was designed specifically to meet the needs of cats and dogs who will be travelling unaccompanied. They operate in compliance of all International Air Transport Association (IATA) rules and regulations, and they feature priority boarding for animal, as well as expedited handling on the tarmac to ensure your pet's comfort and safety.
Pets may not be accepted on flights operated by codeshare partners. It is strongly recommended that you contact any codeshare partners, or other airlines you may be travelling with, to familiarize yourself with their individual policies regarding pet travel.
- Copa Customer Contact: 1-800-359-2672
- Copa Reservations (USA/Canada): 1-800-FLY-COPA (359-2672)