San Francisco Dog Parks
- Alamo Park Off Leash Dog Area
- Hayes and Scott, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Not fenced, off leash area in the western part of the park.
- Baker Beach Off Leash Dog Area
- Lincoln and Bowley, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced- the off leash dog area is at the north end of Baker Beach.
- Brotherhood Mini Park Off Leash Dog Area
- Brotherhood and Head, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced off leash dog area is the entire park on Brootherhood Way at Head. This park is on the Department of Public Works property and improved by the SF Department of Parks and Recs
- Corona Heights Dog Park
- Museum and Roosevelt, San Francisco, CA
- Note: In the field area near Randall Museum at the intersection of Roosevelt Way and Museum Way.
- Crocker Amazon Park Off Leash Dog Area
- La Grande and Dublin, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced- this 1.8 acre off leash dog area is in the norther part of the park between LaGrande and Dublin streets, next to the community garden.
- Eureka Valley Dog Park
- 19th and Collingwood, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Fenced - East end of the baseball diamonds.
- Fort Miley Off Leash Dog Area
- Point Lobos and 48th, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced - be sure to obey all signs and stay within the unleashed area.
- Golden Gate Dog Park
- 38th and Fulton, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Fenced 1.4 acre dog park
- Golden Gate Park Off Leash Dog Area 1
- Lincoln, King, 5th, and 7th, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced - off leash dog area is bounded by Lincoln and King and then also 5th and 7th (or 2nd and 7th).
- Golden Gate Park Off Leash Dog Area 2
- Fulton and Willard, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced - off leash dog area at the northeast corner at Fulton and Willard.
- Golden Gate Park Off Leash Dog Area 3
- King, Middle, 34th, and 38th, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced - off leash dog area is the the park area bounded by King and Middle, between 24th and 38th
- Lafayette Park Off Leash Dog Area
- Sacramento and Gough St, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced - off leash dog area is near Sacramento between Octavia and Gough St.
- Lands End Beach Off Leash Dog Area
- El Camino Del mar, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced- some areas in the park area do require leash so be sure to check signs.
- McLaren Park Off Leash Dog Area 1
- John F Shelley Drive and Mansell St, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Fenced only at the roadway- the off leash area includes the hill top bounded by Shelley Drive. This park includes trails, open space, and the reservoir. Dogs must be on leash at the group picnic area, children's play area, and custodian housing, and at the amphitheater when there are performances.
- McLaren Park Off Leash Dog Area 2
- Geneva South Entrance, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced, there is some fencing at the roadway - off leash dog is at the south entrance at Geneva
- Mission Creek Dog Park
- 485 Berry Street, San Francisco, CA
- Note: This dog park has drinking water, benches, pea gravel ground cover with a drainage system to deter puddling, and trees. Poop bags supplied. Human and dog fountain. Dog walkers love it. It is open even in the winter because it's surface cover, tumbled pea gravel, has a formal drainage system under it and thus no puddling in the rain. Two entrances - double gates at each. Dog walkers limited to 6 dogs per person. Parking is sparse on Berry but additional parking is available on 7th St
- Ocean Beach Off Leash Dog Area
- Sloat Blvd and Upper Great Highway, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced - off leash dog area is north of Sloat street and south of Stairwell 21. Some residents have started a website to ensure this beach remains open
- Potrero Hill Mini-Park Off Leash Dog Area
- 22nd and Arkansas, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Unfenced - off leash dog area is at 22nd st between Arkansas and Connecticut St.
- Walter Haas Dog Park
- Diamond Heights and Addison, San Francisco, CA
- Note: Fenced, 0.3 acre dog park
Pet Clinics in San Francisco, CA
All Pets Hospital
Animal Hospital of Diamond Heights
- 269 South Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA
- PH: (415)861-5725
Arguello Pet Hospital
- 5264 Diamond Heights Boulevard, San Francisco, CA
- PH: (415)920-6980
Avenues Pet Hospital Inc
- 530 Arguello Boulevard, San Francisco, CA
- PH: (415)751-3242
Balboa Pet Hospital
- 2221 Taraval Street, San Francisco, CA
- PH: (415)681-4313
Marina Pet Hospital
- 3329 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA
- PH: (415)752-3300
- 2024 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA
- PH: (415)921-0410
San Francisco SPCA Animal Hospital
- 2343 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, CA
- PH: (415)563-6700
- 2500 16th Street, San Francisco, CA
- PH: (415)554-3030
San Francisco Pet Shelters
Rocket Dog Rescue
Rocket Dog Rescue is a San Francisco Bay Area dog rescue organization run by a group of dedicated volunteers. We save dogs from death at over-crowded shelters and find them loving, happy homes.
P.O. Box 460826, San Francisco, CA
(415) 642-4786 (Phone)
Pet Friendly Hotels San Francisco, CA
San Francisco is a great place to bring your pets on your vacation. The city is especially dog friendly. San Francisco has many dog parks and even has 4 dog beaches. Baker Beach and Lands End Beach are two of the most popular beaches that allow you to have your dog off a leash and enjoying the surf with you.
Your dog does not have to stay in your hotel while you are out having fun and seeing the sights. Blue and Gold Fleet Bay Cruises allows you take your dog along on their short cruises as long as it is on a leash. From the boat you can see Alcatraz, bridges, piers, and the fabulous shore line of San Francisco.
If you prefer going hiking, you are in luck. Land's End Trails allows you to bring along your dog while you hike on any of their trails. You can also bring your leashed dog to the trails in Golden Gate Park.
You will find plenty of pet friendly hotels, resorts, and bed and breakfast properties in the city. In fact, there are over 50 of them to choose from. When comparing properties be sure to ask about their pet fee so you are not surprised later.
San Francisco Pet Friendly Hotels
- Hotel Zeppelin
- 545 Post Street, San Francisco, CA
Based on 184 reviews
Pets Allowed. Max Size- Large - 75 lbs. Non Refundable 50.00 pet fee required.
USD 25 per day fee USD 250 refundable deposit dogs only up to 30lbs.
Service animals permitted. Pets Allowed: Max Size: Medium - up to 50LBS. 50.00 USD Non Refundable Fee.
Pets allowed based on the availability of pet friendly rooms. Up to 2 dogs per room with an 80 pound weight limit. Additional pet types (c...
View all Pet Friendly Hotels in San Francisco
Dogs that weigh 40 pounds or less are allowed. Guests must sign a waiver upon arrival and are responsible for a nonrefundable cleaning fee o...